Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2016, 09:06 AM
Owner, Publisher

Default Shocked to hear coach Doeren's comments on knocking Gallman out of game

From the NC State TV show on the Clemson game.

Host: "As usual the atmosphere was electric down at Death Valley. NC State and Clemson go toe to toe and the Tigers finally survive in overtime 24-17. Dave and you look at this football game over four quarters and overtime and the Wolfpack had four takeaways and finished plus two in takeover margin, you limited Clemson to just two plays of 20 yards or more on offense. In retrospect did you end up doing a lot of the things that your team needed to do in order to win?

Coach Doeren: "Yeah we did. I mean you know we knocked their tailback out of the game. We had two goal line stands, four takeaways. We didn't give up big plays offensively..."

Comments can be found around the 5:30 mark

https://youtu.be/ThepUDboBT0

Last edited by Will Vandervort; 10-22-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:13 AM
We Too Deep

Default Re: Shocked to hear coach Doeren's comments on knocking Gallman out of game

If anyone didn't see them playing dirty then you weren't watching them same game I was. There is a reason they were dinged for 10 penalties in the first half. I think Dave Doeren is a POS.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Shocked to hear coach Doeren's comments on knocking Gallman out of game

It just goes to show the type of person Dave Doeren is.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Travel Team

Is it possible for Louisville and NC state to lose?
Old 10-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Two Deep

I think a lot of it is desperation on his part. He's gonna bend every rule he can to save his job. Desperation will often reveal the true character of man and I think we're seeing who we always thought he was.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Old 10-22-2016, 11:10 AM
Ring of Honor

So according to ABC Doeren told reporters they "manhandled" Clemson.

Huh. Who knew 500 yards and 30 first downs and over 7 yards per pass was being manhandled.

Doeren surely makes it easy to hate him.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Two Deep

I'll say it again. Idiot. His team is looking like prepubescent girls against Louisville so far. I think it's just what we already know...Every team is going to get up and play their best game against us.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:40 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Shocked to hear coach Doeren's comments on knocking Gallman out of game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegeofcharlestontiger View Post
Louisville is up 41-0 versus NC State with 1:48 remaining in the 2nd quarter.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegeofcharlestontiger View Post
It brings me great joy to know we beat both of them. Louisville has never beaten us, and Doern has never beaten us.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post

Coach Doeren: "Yeah we did. I mean you know we knocked their tailback out of the game. We had two goal line stands, four takeaways. We didn't give up big plays offensively..."
Not shocked at all; just a true representation of the coach himself. He paid for his words and his actions today.

Robert, On another note, isn't Doeren the same coach that you guys reported that showed his rearend to the bartender at the ACC meetings in Greensboro this year?
Old 10-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpaws View Post
Not shocked at all; just a true representation of the coach himself. He paid for his words and his actions today.

Robert, On another note, isn't Doeren the same coach that you guys reported that showed his rearend to the bartender at the ACC meetings in Greensboro this year?

Yep, I believe it was last year tho. And I would be willing the bet a lot of money he's the "anonymous coach" who accused us of stealing signals this offseason.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:48 PM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

His statement leads me to believe this was their intent to inflict harm on our players. He seems to be bragging about it as if they had accomplished one of their goals.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Tiger Starter

Looks like karma caught up to them today. Couldn't of happened to a better group of misfits (coach, players, and fans)
Old 10-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Travel Team

Dave stinks!
Old 10-22-2016, 08:12 PM
TCI Staff

I never have liked this guy. Seems smug and arrogant for no reason, and has since the first day he took the job. Watching his team get smashed into oblivion was fun for me today.

With that being said, I don't think it's off-limits to address knocking Gallman out of the game. Any defense playing with an edge has the potential to create injuries on the other team. There's a difference in playing with the intent of harming others and playing hard and letting the chips fall where they may, then pointing out the results of your hard-nosed mentality.

I don't think any less of Doeren than I did before I heard him make those comments. To be fair, my opinion of him wasn't incredibly high to begin with, though.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:43 PM
We Too Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpaws View Post

I thought that was Fedora? They are both @holes.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Owner, Publisher

Looks like I need more Doeren threads