Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Way2tall

Default Re: Dabo disappointed in Clemson fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymac View Post
Dabo & staff have forgotten more about football than any "fan" sitting on their butt watching will ever know. A good & true Clemson fan supports the team & coaches start to finish. Any fool can stand & cheer when all is well.
When the chips are down & the boys are a little off, that's when fans show their true colors. Do you really think boos from their own fans is going to help?
Just stay home or find another team if you're not ready to fight to the end with OUR TEAM! GO TIGERS!!!
I get this one right here ^^^
Old 09-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy2402 View Post
That Clemson fans don't appreciate a half-assed effort.
Not a fan of booing, but that made me laugh.

I don't think it's in the fans best interest to boo, but I also don't think it's in a coaches best interest to call out the fans publicly. Nobody wants fans to boo and nobody wants to see poor effort from the team and some foolishness from the coaching. If you think it's in poor taste to boo a team then you should also realized it's in poor taste to call out your fans from your pulpit.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Travel Team

I'll admit I have gotten frustrated at times and have likely shown my tail when I shouldn't...however even though I am a grown up, I've learned there is still room to continue to grow up more...I have moved on past boooing my team and glad to say that is years in the past. Not getting to as many games as I used to I unfortunately have to live out each season vicarously through TV broadcasts, conversations with friends that attend the games, text groups that go on during the game and Facebook posts. So being detached as I am I end up being the defacto Clemson representative every where I go in Pittsburgh, Western PA and Eastern OH. Honestly a couple of friends asked me at work about the booing and I had no response. It was kinda embarassing. I was a 8 when we went won the 1st Natty and watched Max Lennon run off Danny, the Hatfield and the West days, then experience the roller coaster years of Bowden (if we could out talent a team we would win, if it took too much coaching then it was crap shoot)...personally I was pretty happy that Clemson took the chance on Dabo...I felt at the time we didn't have much to lose. All this being said...fans that boo a team like this past weekend are the same fans who will run off a coach and ruin a program because their memories are too short to remember the years of misery we all went through.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Tiger Starter

Never have never will boo our players and coaches. Will I yell out the occasional "come on what was that!?" Of course I will, just as Dabo would to his players. But all of my boos are reserved for the refs.. I do plenty of booing at those clowns..