Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2019, 06:29 PM
TCI Staff

Default Brown wants to win a national championship at UNC

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/0...me-latest-news
Old 07-21-2019, 07:50 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Brown wants to win a national championship at UNC

Mack Brown is a good coach, and he may well win a national championship.

However, I think there is a bit of underestimating Clemson here. Not Clemson's competitiveness on the field. Not Clemson's "destiny" or anything like that. I think he's underestimating what has had to happen for Clemson to have this success, which I think would have happened regardless of the conference it were in.

I still think people look at Clemson and think, "Hey, the reason Clemson has risen is due to the weak ACC. Anybody has a great chance in the ACC." They also think, "All we need is better facilities. We need to catch up with Clemson in facilities and coaching salaries. Then we will be competitive."

What I don't think many people have come to accept is that Clemson's success is due to a generational coach whose faith and vision met up with the perfect timing and place (I believe, God's perfect timing). All the pieces were in place. All the ingredients were there: Cooperative administration, rabid fanbase, two good ADs, key phenomenal players who had all the right stuff, amazing coaching staff hires, etc. Dabo established a support system and CULTURE that are very hard to replicate...actually, impossible to replicate. Just like Saban's "process," the recipe for success at any program is unique to each program. Even Saban's "disciples" who are hired by other programs cannot replicate Saban's success.

Even the recruiting pieces that have come at the right time have been jaw dropping. Generational QB Watson. We think we won't see another for a long time. Then comes Lawrence. They just happened to be Clemson men, coming on the scene at just the right time.

Other programs will emerge and be successful. I am not saying Clemson is and will be the only one. But I am saying that people STILL look at Clemson and say, "Now, if CLEMSON can do it, anybody can." Up until now, people have not said that about Alabama or FSU or any other "blue blood." But Clemson changed things in people's minds.

People still haven't accepted how special and unique Clemson's program truly is.

(I know everyone does not believe in God, but I do...and I see His hand in all of this. Don't be mistaken: God is about His will, in any of life's fabric, including sports...and I'm not talking Wins and Losses or the scoreboard. It's the bigger picture.)

Last edited by Tigergal85; 07-22-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:29 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigergal85 View Post
Mack Brown is a good coach, and he may well win a national championship.

However, I think there is a bit of underestimating Clemson here. Not Clemson's competitiveness on the field. Not Clemson's "destiny" or anything like that. I think he's underestimating what has had to happen for Clemson to have this success, which I think would have happened regardless of the conference it were in.

I still think people look at Clemson and think, "Hey, the reason Clemson has risen is due to the weak ACC. Anybody has a great chance in the ACC." They also think, "All we need is better facilities. We need to catch up with Clemson in facilities and coaching salaries. Then we will be competitive."

What I don't think many people have come to accept is that Clemson's success is due to a generational coach whose faith and vision met up with the perfect timing and place (I believe, God's perfect timing). All the pieces were in place. All the ingredients were there: Cooperative administration, rabid fanbase, two good ADs, key phenomenal players who had all the right stuff, amazing coaching staff hires, etc. Dabo established a support system and CULTURE that are very hard to replicate...actually, impossible to replicate. Just like Saban's "process," the recipe for success at any program is unique to each program. Even Saban's "disciples" who are hired by other programs cannot replicate Saban's success.

Even the recruiting pieces that have come at the right time have been jaw dropping. Generational QB Watson. We think we won't see another for a long time. Then comes Lawrence. They just happened to be Clemson men, coming on the scene at just the right time.

I can't help but be amazed. I know everyone does not believe in God, but I do...and I see His hand in all of this. Don't be mistaken: God is about His will, in any of life's fabric.

Other programs will emerge and be successful. I am not saying Clemson is and will be the only one. But I am saying that people STILL look at Clemson and say, "Now, if CLEMSON can do it, anybody can." Up until now, people have not said that about Alabama or FSU or any other "blue blood." But Clemson changed things in people's minds.

People still haven't accepted how special and unique Clemson's program truly is.

(I know everyone does not believe in God, but I do...and I see His hand in all of this. Don't be mistaken: God is about His will, in any of life's fabric, including sports...and I'm not talking Wins and Losses or the scoreboard. It's the bigger picture.)
Very well said Tigergal! God is in control of everything...Clemson football, other sports, life in general. I believe that with all my heart!
GO TIGERS !!!!!
Old 07-22-2019, 06:16 AM
Two Deep

I would expect that every coach wants to win the National Championship.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:45 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullertobutler View Post
Very well said Tigergal! God is in control of everything...Clemson football, other sports, life in general. I believe that with all my heart!
GO TIGERS !!!!!
Respectfully, we aren’t God’s “chosen team”. Plenty of great Christians from other schools would find such a belief both arrogant & offensive. God doesn’t play favorites, nor does he root for college football. There’s one reward and one reward alone that comes with being a great Christian, and it’s issued posthumously. It does not come in the form of championship trophies.

The collective program’s faith might be an asset when it comes to building an incredible All-In type team featuring tremendous work ethic & professionalism, superior attitude, team-first mentality, and immense comradery & love for one another, but God isn’t out there influencing games. This team has earned 100% of the credit, not 50%, or 75%, or even 90%. 100% of their success is bc of how special they themselves have made this program.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphins View Post
Respectfully, we aren’t God’s “chosen team”. Plenty of great Christians from other schools would find such a belief both arrogant & offensive. God doesn’t play favorites, nor does he root for college football. There’s one reward and one reward alone that comes with being a great Christian, and it’s issued posthumously. It does not come in the form of championship trophies.

The collective program’s faith might be an asset when it comes to building an incredible All-In type team featuring tremendous work ethic & professionalism, superior attitude, team-first mentality, and immense comradery & love for one another, but God isn’t out there influencing games. This team has earned 100% of the credit, not 50%, or 75%, or even 90%. 100% of their success is bc of how special they themselves have made this program.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I tried to be careful in my wording. God has His purposes and acts according to His will. It isn't about the wins or losses. It isn't about Clemson. It is the bigger picture. God moves in all aspects of life...often in our trials...other times through blessings...all in His will and grace. No arrogance at all...and no offense intended.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigergal85 View Post
I think you misunderstood what I said. I tried to be careful in my wording. God has His purposes and acts according to His will. It isn't about the wins or losses. It isn't about Clemson. It is the bigger picture. God moves in all aspects of life...often in our trials...other times through blessings...all in His will and grace. No arrogance at all...and no offense intended.
Gotchya.
As long as we as a fan base aren’t saying stuff like “We’re God’s chosen team” or that “It’s God’s will that we’re winning championships.”... bc that would certainly cause a ruckus on various fronts.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:28 AM
Banned

Great words - “We’re God’s chosen team”. Really a great sense!
Old 07-23-2019, 11:27 AM
NFL Tiger

If he did not want to win a Natty he should not coach. Love to have UNC be more competitive like they used to be in the 80s so coach'em up.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Way2tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitiger View Post
If he did not want to win a Natty he should not coach. Love to have UNC be more competitive like they used to be in the 80s so coach'em up.
+1