Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2015, 08:51 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Three Players Suspended for Orange Bowl

I am proud the coach made the tough call.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Three Players Suspended for Orange Bowl

Here we go with the ole "holier than thou" we don't make mistakes people to come to the rescue. I am done before I get to worked up. Don't know these kids from Jack yet you know what they should have done or not done or they should have acted. Give it a rest, it freaking ridiculous and you only make yourself look dumb....
Old 12-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerAidan View Post
Yeah thats easy for some person hiding behind a username on a message board to say....
Not hiding behind anything here. If you don't think that was the most selfish thing they could have done then you don't get it. Can they not give up smoking week for a few months for the benefit of the team.

Hell I gave it up for good when I needed to get a job and support a family and started facing random drug tests. I am by no means perfect and will be the first to admit it. Being part of a team/family is about making sacrifices.... To me that's a pretty easy one to make if you are 100% committed to the team.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Ring of Honor

It hurts to lose Cain but what sucks more is right before the game this is where the focus is now. Dabo has a press conference in the morning and this will be the hot topic instead of the game, and now this is on the minds of their teammates rather than the game. Huge distraction.

Hopefully it gets put behind quickly and everyone stays focused.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Travel Team

Please do not refer to them as kids! They are adults, and should be treated as such!!
Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Here we go with the ole "holier than thou" we don't make mistakes people to come to the rescue. I am done before I get to worked up. Don't know these kids from Jack yet you know what they should have done or not done or they should have acted. Give it a rest, it freaking ridiculous and you only make yourself look dumb....
Don't think anyone on here made the determination about what they should or shouldn't have done - Dabo, Clemson, the NCAA, and state and federal government did that. Unless the report is inaccurate they elected to break the law and perhaps more importantly team rules. Dabo will decide what happens to them but they knew what they were doing when they decided to do drugs. Perhaps I just don't get it - I have never done drugs and don't see that changing anytime soon.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Ring of Honor

I hope their absence does not hurt us. Lakip actually made tackles when he kicked off and was kicking extra points (sigh)... Cain was emerging as deep threat. Not sure how to compensate for Lakip but hope Charone Peake will be used as a deep threat.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Tiger View Post
Don't think anyone on here made the determination about what they should or shouldn't have done - Dabo, Clemson, the NCAA, and state and federal government did that. Unless the report is inaccurate they elected to break the law and perhaps more importantly team rules. Dabo will decide what happens to them but they knew what they were doing when they decided to do drugs. Perhaps I just don't get it - I have never done drugs and don't see that changing anytime soon.
That was most likely directed at me. I guess the fact is I just dont' get how you can be about to play the biggest game of your career and you are smoking weed a few days before that game knowing you could be suspended and hurt you teammates. Sorry!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015TigerAlum View Post
It's still a suspension. Call it however you like, that's strike two on Cain.
Let me repeat: Two drug involved violations should guarantee removal. An immaturity problem that the coach decided needed a more jolting punishment coupled with a drug involved violation is different. And hopefully gets less severe treatment.

Dabo's chuckling way of making public Cain's first offense makes me form my opinion the way I do.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Travel Team

"Cain is Mike Bellamy 2.0." That's exactly what I thought. Selfish. Nobody is bigger than Clemson. These kids better pay attention to or they'll be out. We don't play these games. --And I'm glad Dabo protects that culture.
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigergal85 View Post
Actually, from a depth perspective, I would think losing Lakip would be worse.

Who backs him up?
+1
Owner, Publisher

Cain may have just cost his team a chance at a national championship. Certainly hope not, but very stupid move by all three
Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Actually, the guy who lives in the universe where actions don't have consequences (maybe...TigerAidan, for example) is the one who looks dumb. In the universe called Reality, actions have consequences. It has nothing to do with "holier than thou".
Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Travel Team

Hope a healthy Ray-Ray and Artavis can make up for loss of Cain.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Roberts View Post
Please do not refer to them as kids! They are adults, and should be treated as such!!
Yes, they want to be called "men." They aren't "kids." They must be responsible for their behavior.

And for those who subscribe to the notion that these young men made a mistake:

They did not make "mistakes." A mistake is an error made due to carelessness or a lack of knowledge or something.

This was a deliberate act of wrongdoing. They knew it was wrong. They knew it was against the rules. They knew the consequences. They knew better.

They are old enough NOT to do these things. It takes willpower and character, which is available and present...or not...in both young and old alike.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
Actually, the guy who lives in the universe where actions don't have consequences (maybe...TigerAidan, for example) is the one who looks dumb. In the universe called Reality, actions have consequences. It has nothing to do with "holier than thou".
+1

Along with the unique blessing of being a scholarship athlete on the #1 team in the country should come an expected amount of responsibility. Doesn't matter who you are, where you are from, or how you were raised. Thanks Dabo for making that responsibility real. Next Man Up!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Ring of Honor

Not sure if I get why people are somehow angry that another person is angry with these 3 young men. They broke a team and societal rule. They did so knowing it was wrong. The consequences are felt by them and their team. It was stupid, selfish, and unacceptable, but hopefully we will all forgive them and hope they learn from it (finally).

* okay, maybe the unforgivable comment was harsh
Old 12-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

How freaking selfish of them all!!!! So unbelievably disappointed. Way to go dudes, you could have just contributed to Clemson not making it. That will stick with you for the rest of your life!!!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigergal85 View Post
Yes, they want to be called "men." They aren't "kids." They must be responsible for their behavior.

And for those who subscribe to the notion that these young men made a mistake:

They did not make "mistakes." A mistake is an error made due to carelessness or a lack of knowledge or something.

This was a deliberate act of wrongdoing. They knew it was wrong. They knew it was against the rules. They knew the consequences. They knew better.

They are old enough NOT to do these things. It takes willpower and character, which is available and present...or not...in both young and old alike.
Amen, Sister. I deal with college students as a professor. They are not kids, but many certainly expect preferential treatment no matter how aggregious their behavior.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:22 PM
NFL Tiger

Do we know if Okie had any players fail their drug tests? Irregardless, this is just ridiculous! You have the opportunity every athlete dreams about at your fingertips and you throw it away for a few minutes of fun?!?!?

I don't care what sport you play, you know the rules... no drugs whatsoever and there are random (and not-so-random) drug tests throughout the season and even in the off-season. I was a frickin' Cross Country runner at a DII university and there's no way I would've jeopardized my season, career, team, etc for one second of pure enjoyment.

Childish. Stupid. Unbelievable.