Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2020, 05:49 PM
TCI Staff

Default Swinney not happy with negative questions following 26-point win

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2020/1...-26-point-win/
Old 10-24-2020, 05:53 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Swinney not happy with negative questions following 26-point win

You canít say best is the standard and then get upset when you get asked questions about why you did not play to that standard. Cant have it both ways. This was a poor performance against a bad team. He knows it.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:58 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonhead View Post
You canít say best is the standard and then get upset when you get asked questions about why you did not play to that standard. Cant have it both ways. This was a poor performance against a bad team. He knows it.
Agree. Itís legit to ask, and totally understand if Dabo decides to defend his players and coaches. He knows they played flat and need to work on the issues this week.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:04 PM
Two Deep

The problem with a game like that is it could potentially cost you a number one spot in the playoff. If that happens then you donít get the easier #4opponent. You have to play Bama or Ohio State and then the top ranked team for the title. A harder road without that ranking.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:30 PM
NFL Tiger

I really don’t have a problem with the game. The team is kinda like a living breathing entity. Once in a while it’s simply gonna have a bad day. Even Tiger Woods fails to make the cut occasionally. It’s just to be anticipated, the nature of the beast. What I myself care about when we have one of these days is how we respond to it in-game and if it continues into the following week. Today we righted the ship & took control back, didn’t allow it to become a UGA-SC game.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:00 PM
Two Deep

Right, I donít understand how people can be so negative after a 4 touchdown win. 18-22 year olds will have bad days and some teams can play over their heads especially when the are handed a couple of touchdowns. The staff will work on what needs to be done with the team and we will see a better effort next game. Sure would like to see how perfect the lives are of some people who dwell on the negative.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
Yeesh Dabo.

You can't tout "Best is the standard" only when convenient
Old 10-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Two Deep

According to Andrea Adelson Trevor Lawrence was the one who said that the teamís energy wasnít were it needed to be. If his QB felt that way he shouldnít be surprised that the media asked him about it.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:03 PM
Ring of Honor

Our game thread literally has two dozen posts observing what wasnít going right with the Tigers. I get frustrated with the inevitable posts after the game questioning why fans are disappointed by a 26 pt victory. We all saw the game and the mistakes. I have no problem with Dabo saying a win is a win. I also donít have a problem when they donít play their best game. I have a problem with those who would try to explain away the issues and not admit this game was a C grade at best from the Tigers.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:05 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySimmons View Post
Yeesh Dabo.

You can't tout "Best is the standard" only when convenient
Yeesh AnthonySimmons. You canít criticize ďbest is the standardĒ based on 42 minutes of one game. So if Clemson goes on to play for its 5th natty in 6 yrs, are you gonna be like, ďYeah but what about only beating Cuse by 26 and not getting the backups in until later in the 4th Qtr instead of end of the 3rd?Ē?
Old 10-24-2020, 09:29 PM
Two Deep

After the past 5 years, I find it hard to get concerned about a game like this. Pretty par for the course. During this run Clemson sleep walks through a game 1-2x each year in Sept or October and it's always against inferior opponents. The offensive line has never been as dominate as alabama or Wisconsin and that continues. In a few weeks against ND, we'll see what we have.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:32 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphins View Post
Yeesh AnthonySimmons. You canít criticize ďbest is the standardĒ based on 42 minutes of one game. So if Clemson goes on to play for its 5th natty in 6 yrs, are you gonna be like, ďYeah but what about only beating Cuse by 26 and not getting the backups in until later in the 4th Qtr instead of end of the 3rd?Ē?
Dumb response
Old 10-24-2020, 09:34 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiltonhead View Post
The problem with a game like that is it could potentially cost you a number one spot in the playoff. If that happens then you donít get the easier #4opponent. You have to play Bama or Ohio State and then the top ranked team for the title. A harder road without that ranking.
one thing about it though...we win more national championships from the 2 spot than the 1....but I get what youíre saying
Old 10-24-2020, 10:03 PM
NFL Tiger

Iím not too concerned. The team knew they were 46 point favorites and no matter how good a motivator Dabo is these are still basically kids and itís easy to think that all you need is the Paw on your helmet to win. They got a little bit of a wake up call and I doubt this will be an easy week of practice coming up. Our score was almost exactly my the same as Alabama-Tennessee and from what Iíve seen TN isnít really any better than Cuse
Old 10-24-2020, 10:16 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOrange67 View Post
Iím not too concerned. The team knew they were 46 point favorites and no matter how good a motivator Dabo is these are still basically kids and itís easy to think that all you need is the Paw on your helmet to win. They got a little bit of a wake up call and I doubt this will be an easy week of practice coming up. Our score was almost exactly my the same as Alabama-Tennessee and from what Iíve seen TN isnít really any better than Cuse
ESPN called Bama's win a rout ,while saying Clemson didn't play the way Clemson is supposed to play.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:30 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySimmons View Post
Dumb response
Go have another melodramatic overreaction.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:43 PM
NFL Tiger

We’ve typically had 2 of these games every season since the first year of our run [2015], but apparently we need to question Dabo’s “Best is the Standard” mantra. So stupid.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:52 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTTMT View Post
ESPN called Bama's win a rout ,while saying Clemson didn't play the way Clemson is supposed to play.
Both statements are true. Bama outgained TN by 285 yards we outgained Syracuse by 130. Syracuse had the ball with a chance to take the lead in the 3rd quarter, Bama was never challenged. Doesnít make them better than us, just means they had a better day.
Old 10-24-2020, 11:24 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by geech72 View Post
Both statements are true. Bama outgained TN by 285 yards we outgained Syracuse by 130. Syracuse had the ball with a chance to take the lead in the 3rd quarter, Bama was never challenged. Doesn’t make them better than us, just means they had a better day.
... and Bama had their bad game a couple weeks ago vs 1-4 Ole Miss when they allowed 48 pts & 647 yards and were a 49-45 game until 3 minutes left.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:47 AM
NFL Tiger

Family and friends weíre telling my me things were really off which didnít match what I was reading. So glad to I was out in the great outdoors watching the box score and not the forums negative Nancyís here. Things were bad corrections were made and then2nd half showed the change. Btw , 6 pt dropped where it stood
--Daughters, they can climb trees, fish, and shoot guns just as good as any boy, sometimes better. Plus they can have the boy clean the fish, buy the bullets when they go out, and then the Father gets to eat. Daughters are great. --