Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2019, 05:10 PM
TCI Staff

Default ESPN analyst says he would take Burrow over Lawrence to win a big game

ESPN analyst David Pollack says he would take LSU’s Joe Burrow over Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence if he had to pick one quarterback to win a game.

This is from the College Football Herbie & Pollack podcast. The is Pollack’s conversion with host Kevin Negandhi.

Negandhi: “I would go with Trevor Lawrence just based on one thing. It is not a knock on Joe Burrow, it is just Trevor Lawrence was there (in the national championship game) last year. He was a dominant player in that national championship and that same player we saw in the national championship is even better now, as we have seen in the last six weeks.”

Pollack: “Your explanation for defining Trevor Lawrence and saying he is better than Joe Borrow is because ‘I have seen him do it and I saw him do it last year!’ That is just bull! He is either better and you would take him because you think he is better, or he is not. Don’t give me that garbage! Why is he better than Joe Burrow? That means you don’t trust Joe Burrow as much as you trust Lawrence in a big moment.”

Negandhi: “No, I will take Trevor Lawrence over Joe Burrow.”

Pollack: “Why? Because he is more talented?”

Negandhi: “What I have seen with my own eyes in the last six weeks from Trevor Lawrence, this is the quarterback we were all expecting to see at the beginning of the season. And I love the two wide receivers he is surrounded with … I know you are making this like I am knocking LSU’s two wide receivers, but I know what I have seen from Trevor Lawrence on the big stage and that is the one thing that I trust. I trust that.”

Negandhi said it would be interesting to have this conversion in New Orleans if Clemson and LSU win, but Pollack added, “It will be (Justin) Felds vs. Burrow. Yeah, that will be a good debate.”
Old 12-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: ESPN analyst says he would take Burrow over Lawrence to win a big game

That is absolutely laughable and that is why he is not a talent scout for the NFL. Joe Burrow is good but Lawrence is much better.

I don't have a problem with him favoring Ohio State over Clemson as I think the game really is a coin toss type game, but he needs to get the SEC crap out of his eyes...
Old 12-16-2019, 05:31 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: ESPN analyst says he would take Burrow over Lawrence to win a big game

Boy is Pollack going to be mad when he has to talk about Hurt Vs Lawrence.

Pollack needs his SEC bias to take a chill. Why did every ESPN analyst say Clemson was going to lose to Alabama. Because Lawrence was a freshman and Tua had the experience of being there before. Well guess what Pollack. Burrows hasn’t been in a National Championship game before. Honestly, it is an easy answer. Lawrence no question. Talent, skills and experience.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:53 PM
NFL Tiger

Let's compare? What did Joe Borrow do without Joe Brady last year? And what has Trevor down since last year?
Old 12-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Travel Team

Espn “analyst”
I have no respect for him as a pundit.