Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2021, 10:46 AM
TCI Staff

Default Interested to see how the Tigers respond tonight

on the road against the Yellow Jackets following the blowout loss to UVA

Old 01-20-2021, 01:03 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Interested to see how the Tigers respond tonight

GT hasnít played since Jan 3rd. If they come out firing on all cylinders Iím going to be very frustrated. No excuse for the Tigers to have more game speed rust than the Jackets.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:50 PM
Travel Team

This game will say a lot. Are we really better this year or just another typical CBB 7-9 to 10-8 acc type team?
Old 01-20-2021, 08:05 PM
Two Deep

The answer is... they didnít.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:43 AM
TCI Staff

Well, I imagine you're very frustrated. Georgia Tech didn't show much rust after the long layoff. Shot 57 percent from the field and 62 percent from 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
GT hasnít played since Jan 3rd. If they come out firing on all cylinders Iím going to be very frustrated. No excuse for the Tigers to have more game speed rust than the Jackets.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Oliver View Post
Well, I imagine you're very frustrated. Georgia Tech didn't show much rust after the long layoff. Shot 57 percent from the field and 62 percent from 3.
Check the game thread. I was getting pretty ornery with my posts. I did manage to watch the entire game, but needed some Rolaids during my post game recovery.

I love Coach Brownell and how he runs a clean program, but I’ll never be able to figure out what he’s trying to do for in-game adjustments and player management. I thought he had it figured out with this year’s roster and an expanded bench but now I’m not so sure.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:06 PM
Two Deep

We still have the same problem we’ve had for the past ten years. We have zero offensive identity.

Our sets generally consist of a lot of passing, dribbling and motion around the three point line and hoping someone can get an open look. Too often we get to the end of the shot clock and have to force up a hurried or contested jumper.

Occasionally, we’ll push it inside but only against teams that don’t have a shot blocking presence. With our small lineup, we have almost no true post game or ability to play inside out.

This team actually has a couple of guys that can drive off their dribble and create separation. We did that more earlier in the season but it has mysteriously disappeared from our gameplan.

I was cautiously optimistic early in the season but the advanced metrics had our offense ranked near the bottom of the ACC in almost every category. Our defense was playing out of their mind but that kind of pace can’t last over the course of an entire season nor can you beat good teams because, at the end of the day, you have to be able to score points.

All-in-all, this will end up being just another middle of the road season under Brownell. Maybe we can actually get into the tourney and win one game. That’s the ceiling with this squad.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:02 PM
Ring of Honor

Dawes, Newman, Honor all tried driving to the lane last night. Dribbled right into double teams and probably contributed a fair share of turnovers. GT guards looked quicker and more confident with the ball in their hands. Other teams are going to use this against Clemson if they have the talent which they likely do. Stymie our point guard play and if the 3ís arenít falling the offense stalls. Ok, start passing to our forwards down low, but wait Simms is on the bench with 3 fouls due hand checks or leaping over an opponent for a rebound way beyond his reach.

Defense? Thatís just plain effort and focus. Not sure whatís going on with that right now.