Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2021, 12:45 PM
Ring of Honor

Post 2021 NFL Draft numbers by Team and Conference

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...o11oxutrjwmb7q

Having TL and TE chosen was cool but only 5 former Clemson football players were drafted in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Founder/Publisher

Default Re: 2021 NFL Draft numbers by Team and Conference

Well that's a glass half empty way of looking at things.

I was very pleased with where all five went. Only five were expected to go this year.

Of course if Ross didn't have to miss the year due to injury he would have been a first rounder. XT's COVID issues probably kept him at school another year as well.

When a team returned all 11 defensive starters that is a good thing in my mind, not a bad thing (Kendrick then of course transferred). All 5 guys drafted were on offense.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:40 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...o11oxutrjwmb7q

Having TL and TE chosen was cool but only 5 former Clemson football players were drafted in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Who else did you expect to be drafted?
Old 05-02-2021, 07:06 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: 2021 NFL Draft numbers by Team and Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan View Post
Who else did you expect to be drafted?
I didnít expect more to be drafted. THAT is the point. I think to become the team we want we need to bring in more guys that are drafted each year on a regular basis.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:47 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
I didnít expect more to be drafted. THAT is the point. I think to become the team we want we need to bring in more guys that are drafted each year on a regular basis.
There would have been more had any defensive underclassmen declared or had been able to declare for the draft.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:24 PM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

Quote:
To be the team we want

Dang. Cant please some by just winning dang near every time the boys take the field I see
Old 05-03-2021, 07:38 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Tiger80, as others have noted there just werenít that many Clemson players choosing to leave. XT, Skalski, Turner, and probably a couple more guys decided to stay another year. I get your point if these guys would have declared for the draft and ended up round 6, 7, or UDFAís. Then when comparing against Bama or OhioSt for example you could say they have recruited and developed more NFL ready players. I believe Bama and OhioSt had about 10 players each drsfted this year. Revisit this next year when more of the Clemson defense will be heading into the draft.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:18 AM
The Gambler - Charter Member - Clemson Insider - Gate Veteran

I think it shows we already have the team I want. A team that nobody wants to leave. Nobody comes back at Bama. A lot come back at Clemson. Even TL was thinking about it.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: 2021 NFL Draft numbers by Team and Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
Tiger80, as others have noted there just werenít that many Clemson players choosing to leave. XT, Skalski, Turner, and probably a couple more guys decided to stay another year. I get your point if these guys would have declared for the draft and ended up round 6, 7, or UDFAís. Then when comparing against Bama or OhioSt for example you could say they have recruited and developed more NFL ready players. I believe Bama and OhioSt had about 10 players each drsfted this year. Revisit this next year when more of the Clemson defense will be heading into the draft.
I want more. I want us to have 10 guys drafted every year rather than ten every once in awhile. We can have guys that want to come back AND guys that are drafted. The position players we donít have getting drafted are a big reason we were very good but not the champion in 2019 (D-line) and 2020 (O-line). We need a steady pipeline of NFL ready players drafted each year. Right now the flow in the pipeline isnít consistent.

I get that we will have a lot in 2022. I hope we get 10 in 2022,2023, 2024, etc!