Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Two Deep

Default So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

a walk-on player? See this Facebook Link from his dad. Not a good look if true. I mean Gregg Marshall got in trouble fŲr a lot of this. Is this a reason why Brad Brownell has been quiet a lot after the season?

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...5841&source=48
Old 05-01-2021, 09:09 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

Yeah reading some of this guys other Facebook post I will definitely wait for a lot of other information before reaching a conclusion on this situation.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:00 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

That seems out of character. I won't believe it just because some posted it on Facebook. I'll need more evidence than that.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:09 AM
NFL Tiger

He called the kid names and cussed him out in practice. Not the best look but really nothing to see here, IMO. Maybe the kid is a slacker and needed his butt lit into. If words like that are gonna set that young man back, he'll have a hard life.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:26 AM
Ring of Honor

I watched all 40 minutes of Mark McBrideís video on Facebook. No idea what to think about all this. He seems sincere in the story he relates. He puts a lot of the story as revolving around both his son and Wells Hoag. I would certainly like to hear what Wells has to say.

One thing I will say, there have been some times where the teamís performances have made you wonder whatís going on within the teamís culture. Maybe this is a warning sign of what has been going on that we donít see from a distance.

This is a bad look for Clemson, and if what McBride is saying has truth then Iím very disappointed with how DRad and his staff handled it. Maybe this is a disgruntled player and parent and going public in the wrong way, but Clemson can not try to sweep this under the carpet. Brownell must address the accusations.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:28 AM
Two Deep

the Video from about three or four Posts down from his dad in his fb act. is what's Potentialy upsetting. Dabo would not treat his walk-ons like this...
Old 05-01-2021, 10:30 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
I watched all 40 minutes of Mark McBride’s video on Facebook. No idea what to think about all this. He seems sincere in the story he relates. He puts a lot of the story as revolving around both his son and Wells Hoag. I would certainly like to hear what Wells has to say.

One thing I will say, there have been some times where the team’s performances have made you wonder what’s going on within the team’s culture. Maybe this is a warning sign of what has been going on that we don’t see from a distance.

This is a bad look for Clemson, and if what McBride is saying has truth then I’m very disappointed with how DRad and his staff handled it. Maybe this is a disgruntled player and parent and going public in the wrong way, but Clemson can not try to sweep this under the carpet. Brownell must address the accusations.
yes I agree. also coiencedence why all the players leaving the program too.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:38 AM
Two Deep

also Stršnge Brad never addressed the media after the season.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
yes I agree. also coiencedence why all the players leaving the program too.
Yeah I mean Clemson is the only place that has transfers I didnít know the 1500 players in the transfer portal were all from Clemson. Tell me about the other story like this involving Brownell? Plenty of witnesses so just wait and see what happens. I mean plenty of schools have more transfers than Clemson so that argument makes zero sense.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Two Deep

yeah, but a lot of those were going to be real key players fŲr the team this season.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Two Deep

also Simms Posted this on Twitter. this was an actual Quote from the video:

https://twitter.com/EarlShmitty_/sta...206799361?s=20
Old 05-01-2021, 11:31 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
yeah, but a lot of those were going to be real key players fŲr the team this season.
What are you talking about Newman regressed Prosper hurt but Newman was not going to be a key player next year. Collins is a major upgrade over Newman. Prosper thought he was going to be a one and done player which was never going to happen.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:15 PM
Two Deep

It was also strange where we lost all these guys right after the season. We did pick up Collins in the portal but need a Lot more than just that regarding down to 10 player next season...
Old 05-01-2021, 12:38 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
also Stršnge Brad never addressed the media after the season.
He never really address us after the season. We all do private interviews with him later in the spring or early summer.

Also, Dabo did not meet with us after the season was over either. We went from Jan. 1 to the start of spring practice without talking to Dabo.

So no need to put stock in that at all.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:43 PM
Ring of Honor

The Simms tweet is concerning.

I donít think this is going to end well for Clemson, Coach Brownell, or McBride. All around ugly situation.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
The Simms tweet is concerning.

I donít think this is going to end well for Clemson, Coach Brownell, or McBride. All around ugly situation.
His dad is really doing this for political reasons if you ask me go watch his 2nd video and look at the the rest of his Facebook page.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Tiger Starter

What in the heck are y'all talking about? Why are you putting so much stock in what someone said on Facebook when not a damn one of you talked about how his players defended him after the loss. I swear, you're just trying to stir the pot. I do not get the Brownell hatred. Please go put this crap on Tigernet where it belongs.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:06 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan700 View Post
His dad is really doing this for political reasons if you ask me go watch his 2nd video and look at the the rest of his Facebook page.

McBride is the former mayor and a city councilman from Myrtle Beach. He gets 6k views almost daily on his personal Facebook page. He's got a street in Myrtle Beach over by Coastal Grand Mall named after him. He doesn't need this for exposure.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:21 PM
NFL Tiger

Yawn...letís see if anything comes of it or if it turns into a giant nothing burger
Old 05-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy2402 View Post
McBride is the former mayor and a city councilman from Myrtle Beach. He gets 6k views almost daily on his personal Facebook page. He's got a street in Myrtle Beach over by Coastal Grand Mall named after him. He doesn't need this for exposure.
Iím not taking him seriously anymore he says he has problems with cussing and that type of language but based on his Facebook page he sure loves Donald Trump so yeah Iím done taking him serious. If Brad did this he shouldnít have done it not defending it but Iím not taking anything his dad says seriously and yes I know who his Dad is.