Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Default MUST WATCH: Deon Cain senior highlights

Not much to say other than wow. If this doesn't get you excited about the future of the wide receiver position at Clemson, I don't know what will (not counting Ray Ray McCloud highlights).

I see Cain playing the 9 position (Mike Williams, Demarre Kitt) during his Clemson career. There's also a chance he could get some work at the 5 (Charone Peake, Germone Hopper, Trevion Thompson). To get on the field, Cain will have his work cut out for him, but judging by this film, it'll be tough to keep him on the sideline.

At the very least, Cain should return kicks. He certainly fits the mold that Dabo's preferred in the post Spiller/Ford era: a big/tall wide receiver. And, if Cain can catch punts, I would imagine he'll get an opportunity to do that as well...I think he should.

The most remarkable thing about Cain is how good he is at wide receiver, a position he's mostly played during the 7-on-7camp circuit. He's the real deal, a five-star in my book.

HIGHLIGHTS
Old 12-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: MUST WATCH: Deon Cain senior highlights

With his ability to elude tackles and the set of wheels he has when he gets open he will play next year and play a lot.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Founder/Publisher

He and McCloud are going to be incredible at Clemson. Hard to imagine how good the offense will be with them combined with the current WR's.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Tiger Starter

He and McCloud will bring back the explosive plays that were missing this season.