Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Joe's Place
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Walk On

Default Macs Drive In Stories..

A lot of us have known Mac and visited his food palace. If ya' didn't like it 40 years ago, you will not like it now. Its what is is and I like his food. This ain't no 5 star cafe' de-la-Clemson... Just a good 'Ol food tradition.

Back in the early '70s, my good friend Dan Baker and I went down to Macs for Chilli cheeseburgers etc. We sit down and Heidi Davis (was on FB team as RB) was sitting next to me. We all knew each other and we were chit-chatting back and forth.

I don't know what was said, but the guy behind the counter helping Mac was Teddy Hunter (I think thats his name), and Heidi & Teddy had a short yakking back & forth. Our food came and we are eating up bigtime.

Next thing I see is Heidi leap up and knock Teddy up side the head accross the counter and this eyeball comes rolling down toward my plate of fries. I pick it up and sit this eyeball on on Dan's plate to my left. Teddy gets up and said "Where the hell is my eye..??" Teddy had a glass eye-ball and it was funny at the time seeing it roll down the counter while you're trying to eat....

I have been back to Macs many times over the years, but seeing that eyeball rolling down the counter will remain with me forever.

WT
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

Default Re: Macs Drive In Stories..

I had a new job as a police dispatcher way back when I was in College and the guy who was training me (Ray) had a glass Eye and I didnt know it......

Well about day 3 I was sittin there and all of a sudden he hand me a stack of NCIC papers to read and says ya know it gets slow in here but you have to keep ya EYE on things and all of a sudden his eye was sitting there on that stack of papers......

Gotta say it was a shock lol