Clemson Insider Logo



Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Joe's Place
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Robert Thorne MacRae's Avatar
Robert Thorne MacRae Robert Thorne MacRae is online now
Founder/Publisher
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 125,100
Default Summer Vacations

Where did you go this summer and how was your vacation?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Gvegastiger49's Avatar
Gvegastiger49 Gvegastiger49 is offline
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,972
Default Re: Summer Vacations

We went to Oahu and it was fantastic! My wife and I took my 2 oldest daughters (6 and 3) my 13 year old niece and visited my brother-in-law and sister-in-law (wife's sister). My brother-in-law is in the Navy and stationed there so we had a free house to stay in that was about 5 mins from Kailua Beach and we had a blast. Hiked Diamond Head, went to Pearl Harbor, Dole Pineapple Plantation, the Spitting Caves, the Halona Blowhole, the Ko Olina Lagoons, the North Shore, and a few other local sites. This was easily the best vacation we have had since we had children.

If you ever get a chance to visit Hawaii just do it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2014, 09:44 AM
AlabamaTigerfan AlabamaTigerfan is online now
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alabaster, AL (Birmingham)
Posts: 4,022
Default Re: Summer Vacations

San Francisco, (Big Sur, Carmel, Monterey) Pebble Beach

Wow, what a great trip


Wife wants to go to Savannah this weekend


Finish off the year with a trip to Portland ME in October and drive down to Boston and take in the Clemson Boston College game
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Robert Thorne MacRae's Avatar
Robert Thorne MacRae Robert Thorne MacRae is online now
Founder/Publisher
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 125,100
Default Re: Summer Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaTigerfan View Post
San Francisco, (Big Sur, Carmel, Monterey) Pebble Beach

Wow, what a great trip


Wife wants to go to Savannah this weekend


Finish off the year with a trip to Portland ME in October and drive down to Boston and take in the Clemson Boston College game
That's cool you are going to the BC game. Hope we can see you up there
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2014, 03:01 PM
TigerNE's Avatar
TigerNE TigerNE is offline
Ring of Honor
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 12,213
Default Re: Summer Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaTigerfan View Post
Wife wants to go to Savannah this weekend
You probably know this, but spring is the best time for Savannah. All of the happenings associated with SCAD are still going on and you aren't subjected to 90+ degrees and 100+% humidity. Just a thought.

If you've never been, coastal Maine is great in the 2nd to 3rd weeks of October for leaf peeping (New England term). The trees look like they are plugged in. You might consider a drive further north up the coast, too. Many go to Bar Harbor, but a lesser know and tiny bit closer spot to Portland that we like a lot is Castine. Still a town right on the water, just older and has more for a tourist. Cottages are fairly reasonable in October in Castine, too, I think.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2014, 04:32 PM
AlabamaTigerfan AlabamaTigerfan is online now
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alabaster, AL (Birmingham)
Posts: 4,022
Default Re: Summer Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
That's cool you are going to the BC game. Hope we can see you up there
We will definitely get together while we are there. You'll get to meet the wife this time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2014, 04:35 PM
AlabamaTigerfan AlabamaTigerfan is online now
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alabaster, AL (Birmingham)
Posts: 4,022
Default Re: Summer Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
You probably know this, but spring is the best time for Savannah. All of the happenings associated with SCAD are still going on and you aren't subjected to 90+ degrees and 100+% humidity. Just a thought.

If you've never been, coastal Maine is great in the 2nd to 3rd weeks of October for leaf peeping (New England term). The trees look like they are plugged in. You might consider a drive further north up the coast, too. Many go to Bar Harbor, but a lesser know and tiny bit closer spot to Portland that we like a lot is Castine. Still a town right on the water, just older and has more for a tourist. Cottages are fairly reasonable in October in Castine, too, I think.
Thanks for the info NE. I will keep the Maine info in mind as we make our plans.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Robert Thorne MacRae's Avatar
Robert Thorne MacRae Robert Thorne MacRae is online now
Founder/Publisher
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 125,100
Default Re: Summer Vacations

Carmel is a great place to visit. I worked for a silicon valley company years back and went there several times.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2014, 04:05 PM
CCtiger91 CCtiger91 is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: Summer Vacations

In NYC as I type this. Going to Cooperstown, Boston, and Hershey in the next few days.
__________________
"Better to be pissed off than pissed on."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Shop for 2019 Clemson Tigers Fiesta Bowl Champs Fan Gear at Fanatics Clemson Tigers gear at Fanatics.com



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

Partner with USA TODAY Sports Media Group

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.