Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2019, 06:42 AM
Owner, Publisher

Default Is Syracuse over hyped?

I think they are. They got a lot of the hype based on how the Clemson game went the last two years. If not for the injured QB's things would have been different I think. We will see this year if Trevor is healthy if they are worth the hype.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:52 AM
Way2tall

Default Re: Is Syracuse over hyped?

I agree with you. The talking heads have to find something to hype so I guess that is as good a candidate as any. With the new QB they definitely have question marks. I think we leave no doubt.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:23 AM
Travel Team

I see a lot of Syracuse fan's hand waving away the loss of Dungey by saying "Devito was just as good" or "Devito is going to be an upgrade", but looking at Devito's play last year he got significant run against only one good team (Notre Dame) and calling it a disaster may be too kind to him. I think they're going to find that Dungey isn't as immediately replaceable as they are expecting.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:50 AM
Tiger Starter

I sort of expect this to be like NCSU last year where we laid down a whooping after 2 years of close games. The difference, and this gives me pause, is Babers >> Doeren. I think we win and Im pretty confident but not quite as confident as I was last year against The puppies.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Two Deep

No "Dungey" factor this year...and by that, I mean luck. Dungey looked perfectly awful when he wasnt playing us last year.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:43 PM
The Gambler - Charter Member - Clemson Insider - Gate Veteran

I do not expect them to be undefeated when we play their homecoming game. I think they lose one of their first two games...
Old 07-24-2019, 06:13 AM
Two Deep

So we win by another TD last year if TL doesn't get hurt.....but.....

I watched the that game again last night. We struggled with TL the entire time until he got hurt in the 2nd quarter.

He was missing some passes he can obviously make. So yes, nerves were an issue I believe.

Do we win more comfortably last year with TL the whole time, yes. Do we crush them last year with TL? No.

I think the thing the media forgets is how much better TL got over the season. As long as TL doesn't suffer a sophomore slump, we should be fine.

BUT another thing, people all remember Renfrow. We all know how good he is. But I think people forget how much he bailed us out on 3rd downs. He is gonna be missed. Our QBs, from Watson to Bryant to TL knew on 3rd downs, Renfrow was somehow going to get open and if it touched Renfrow's hands, he caught the dang ball.

We are going to miss that. We have so much talent at WRs but I haven't seen any indication that we have a guy that knows how to take what a defense will give him and get open for the 6 yard catch on 3rd down right over the middle.

I am not saying we don't have anyone but we KNEW we had someone the past 4 years. We start this season and I think Renfrow saved so many drives for Clemson over the years. He is going to be missed.

Again, we have the WR talent, but someone is going to have to fill that void of being clutch on 3rd for us.