Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Ring of Honor

Post No Georgia Tech-Clemson for some as ACC Network not provided by some carriers

I was trying to find the Channel on DIRECTV for the ACC Network when I ran across this article.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/a...3W6gclknsN44J/

I have DIRECTV, so I think I'll be fine.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:08 PM
TCI Staff

Default Re: No Georgia Tech-Clemson for some as ACC Network not provided by some carriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
I was trying to find the Channel on DIRECTV for the ACC Network when I ran across this article.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/a...3W6gclknsN44J/

I have DIRECTV, so I think I'll be fine.
It is on DirecTV. You can also get it on Hulu. There are ways to get it if your service provider can't provide it.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: No Georgia Tech-Clemson for some as ACC Network not provided by some carriers

There are some big name providers in the ACC footprint that aren't carrying it. Spectrum, Xfinity, Cox, AT&T...it's not cause for concern yet, but if we hit the launch of a few of those players don't pick it up it's going to be concerning as to whether the Network is really going to be the cash cow the conference is hoping.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Tiger Starter

So if a game is on the ACCN does that mean it won’t be on and ESPN channel?
Old 07-23-2019, 06:38 AM
Owner, Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvegastiger49 View Post
So if a game is on the ACCN does that mean it won’t be on and ESPN channel?
Yes. They put Clemson on there for the opener to try to get the fans to complain that don't have it.

The good news is most of the Clemson games will end up on ABC, or one of the ESPN channels as they are a big draw of course.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:38 AM
Tiger Starter

Does anybody know about ESPN plus, is that an option to get the game?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollyTiger View Post
Does anybody know about ESPN plus, is that an option to get the game?
I don't think it will officially launch as a live-tv-replacement until November. I'm not sure about it being available on there in August though. That's a good thought
Old 07-23-2019, 10:19 AM
Ring of Honor

I'm worried that spectrum will not be signing on. I've emailed and called and both times they say they are not planning on offering it at this time. I've had Spectrum/Charter for 19 years and when I told them I was planning on cutting the cord if they don't offer the Network they were unconcerned.

Last edited by Cutigergrad04; 07-23-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Walk On

Default Try PS Vue

I've had it for a couple of years, and it works great. Has the most complete sports channel lineup of any of the streaming services, and the DVR is unlimited.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:22 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutigergrad04 View Post
I'm worried that spectrum will not be signing on. I've emailed and called and both times they say they are not planning on offering it at this time. I've had Spectrum/Charter for 19 years and when I told them I was planning on cutting the cord if they don't offer the Network they were unconcerned.
DirectTV Now has a free 10 day trial.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:17 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Try PS Vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFied View Post
I've had it for a couple of years, and it works great. Has the most complete sports channel lineup of any of the streaming services, and the DVR is unlimited.
This is what we use for our TV. It has all I need for racing and football, and we get all the Braves games too.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:26 AM
Owner, Publisher

From what we heard last week I expect some carriers may not signup for another year or two. Hopefully that is not the case, but sounds like that is what some in the ACC are expecting.

The landscape is changing quickly. I don't think anyone knows really where this will end up in a few years.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:47 AM
Tiger Starter

The best thing to do is relax and see who adds the network. We can make a decision the week of the game so there is no need to worry this far out
Old 07-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Tiger Starter

I'm confident that most, if not all, of the providers will pick up the ACC Network between now and our first game. I recall that many providers picked up the SEC Network as late as several days before it launched.

I contacted YouTube TV to request this. Although they don't have it yet, I am optimistic they will before our first game.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Tiger Starter

DirectTV Now does a free 10 day test period. Might be worth looking into if you are debating on what to do.

As I mentioned earlier, I made the switch to to Spectrum and my family hates it. So I will be switching to something that has agreed to carry the ACC network.

Coincidence, DirectTV sent me a letter wanting me back so they may be in the lead. $45/mo, $200, and free premium channels for a year.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:51 AM
NFL Tiger

Sling TV has the ACC Network Extra on their orange package for $15 the first month and $25 thereafter.

I am not sure if the ACC Network Extra is the same as what we refer to a ACCN, but it sounds close. If Spectrum does not singe up with the ACCN, I may try this for the football season if indeed it is the same as ACCN.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:53 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger68 View Post
Sling TV has the ACC Network Extra on their orange package for $15 the first month and $25 thereafter.

I am not sure if the ACC Network Extra is the same as what we refer to a ACCN, but it sounds close. If Spectrum does not singe up with the ACCN, I may try this for the football season if indeed it is the same as ACCN.
Sling HAS NOT reached an agreement to carry the ACCNetwork at launch and it is not the same as ACC Network Extra. I asked them about it on twitter and no agreement is in place.

I think Sling is owned by Dish Network, so I would assume they have to agree to carry it before Sling will carry it.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:57 AM
NFL Tiger

Edit: Don't think it is the same. Tried to Google it and the ACC Network Extra launched in 2018 in conjunction with ESPN.