Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM
NFL Tiger

Default #1, #2, #3 and #6

#1 Bama- VT#24(6-1) TAM#7(5-1). Colorado st (2-4). Ole Miss (3-3). Ga.St. (0-6). UK (1-5)

#2 Oregon- Nicholls St. (4-2). V (2-4). Tenn (3-3) Cal (1-5). Colorado (2-3). Washington#16 (4-2)

#3 Clemson- Ga#15 (4-2) South Carolina St. (5-2). NC State (3-3) WF (3-3) Syracuse (3-3). BC (3-3)

#5 LSU- TCU (3-3) UAB (2-4). Kent st (2-5). AU (5-1) UGA (**LOST**) (4-2) Miss St (3-3) Fl#17 (4-2)

The reason I wanted to do this was because I wanted to see if I could figure why in the mock BCS computer rankings we are tied with LSU (who lost to the team that we beat) for 5th. Then, in the projected BCS standings, we are a long way away from #1 and #2. Is there anyone out there that can explain this to me. The way the experts were talking, even with a win over FSU we will not be close to jumping Oregon whose best win is over a #16 Washington (4-2.)
I do not get how LSU is not effected worse by UGA struggling now. They lost to the team that we beat but yet we are tied in the computers. Yes, I know if we keep winning things might work out. But, it sounds like ESPiN is already pushing Bama vs Oregon.

Last edited by Taz089; 10-14-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: fixed sentence structure
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: #1, #2, #3 and #6

Playing SCSU?

Does the SOS look at future games or just the schedule you have played?

Citadel will be a big knock on us too.

Having said that, if we win out and win the ACC we should be in good shape. If Bama and Oregon are undefeated though, I don't think we would surpass either of them.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 AM
NFL Tiger

Do not know if sos factors all the teams or not.
As far as playing SC St, Oregon played Nicholls st. Bama plays Ga. St and Chattanooga.
As far as who deserves to play for a MNC. Bama will have played TAM, VT, LSU, Au and the winner of the East. Oregon will have played Washington, UCLA, Stanford and one of them again. Clemson will have played Ga (when they were healthy and were favored to win the East,) FSU, USuCk, Miami or VT. You also have to keep in mind that I think Maryland will get back into the top 25 by the end of the year. Should be a very interesting next couple months.
I do not think that there will be 3 undefeated teams at the end of the year in the running. It will be interesting to see what happens to Ohio St and UL at the end of the year too.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

Ironic that this is the last year of the BCS and this is the first year I really seen the possibility of the "Dooms Day Scenario"

I foresee 4 maybe 5 teams being undefeted

Bama
Oregon
Clemson or FSU
Louisville
and Ohio State
Old 10-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Tiger Starter

Location: Upstate South Carolina. Close enough to get to heaven any day...

I would say it's as simple as their 3-3 team, TCU, would wail on any of our 3-3 teams, NCSU-Wake-Syracuse, in such a way that women and children would not be allowed near the Coliseum. Probably Miss St as well.

There are some really bad teams on our schedule. Heck, BC gave us fits and yet rolled over and played dead to a pre-Kiffin-castrated USC. WTH?
Essence of Leadership: A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles...they do not flock; you find them one at a time.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Travel Team

when people say the computers "don't like" the acc or Clemson what they are really saying is:

"The programmers who wrote the algorithm to tell this computer(s) how to extrapolate rankings from the data "don't like" the acc or Clemson"

I have no doubt that if you traded out BC, Wake, Syracuse, and NCS (combined 12-12) with Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, and Tennessee (combined 10-15) we would be #1 in at least a couple of the computer models.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Tiger Starter

Location: Upstate South Carolina. Close enough to get to heaven any day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA-78 View Post
when people say the computers "don't like" the acc or Clemson what they are really saying is:

"The programmers who wrote the algorithm to tell this computer(s) how to extrapolate rankings from the data "don't like" the acc or Clemson"

I have no doubt that if you traded out BC, Wake, Syracuse, and NCS (combined 12-12) with Kentucky, Vandy, Arkansas, and Tennessee (combined 10-15) we would be #1 in at least a couple of the computer models.
To be fair, in the previous 5 years to this season the SEC foursome of Kentucky, Vandy, Arky, and Tennessee was 5-2 against the ACC foursome of BC, Syracuse, Wake, and NC State.
Essence of Leadership: A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles...they do not flock; you find them one at a time.