Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2019, 04:37 PM
TCI Staff

Default Rank the best football atmospheres in the ACC (1-14)

Here is mine, and I have been to all of them but Pittsburgh, which I can tell isn't very good.

For the record, after Clemson and Virginia Tech, it is really not that close. I have always thought, even when they were good, FSU was extremely overrated and I think NC State fans don't get enough credit.

However, when you make this list, you realize how bad ACC football crowds are outside the top 4 teams.

1. Clemson

2. Virginia Tech

3. NC State

4. Florida State

5. Syracuse

6. Louisville

7. Miami

8. North Carolina

9. Georgia Tech

10. Boston College

11. Virginia

12. Wake Forest

13. Duke

14. Pitt
Old 05-25-2019, 08:14 AM
TCI Staff

Default Re: Rank the best football atmospheres in the ACC (1-14)

Surprised no one has chimed in on this one.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Travel Team

Went to the Louisville game when they had Lamar Jackson & in the top 25. Went to Churchill Downs before the game, then tailgated alongside Louisville fans. They were getting after it, and asked us to join in on some boozing debauchery. The atmosphere inside was good as well. May have gone downhill since then, but though the gameday experience was great. Going to cuse this year so will take that in as well, but I would say Louisville is on par with good college football experiences. If cuse is good I would say the ACC has 6 good ones. Having a good team probably ramps up any of the lower ones I would imagine.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:58 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutigers2321 View Post
Went to the Louisville game when they had Lamar Jackson & in the top 25. Went to Churchill Downs before the game, then tailgated alongside Louisville fans. They were getting after it, and asked us to join in on some boozing debauchery. The atmosphere inside was good as well. May have gone downhill since then, but though the gameday experience was great. Going to cuse this year so will take that in as well, but I would say Louisville is on par with good college football experiences. If cuse is good I would say the ACC has 6 good ones. Having a good team probably ramps up any of the lower ones I would imagine.
I thought the atmosphere in 2015 was better in 2017. When we come into a stadium, we get there about three to four hours early on road games. At places likes Auburn, Georgia and Virginia Tech, the fans are already tailgating and having fun so you can tell it is going to be a good atmosphere.

In 2017, and that was a Game Day game, there was hardly anyone in the parking lots when we got to the stadium. It felt like a BC or Wake Forest game. There was no energy and excitement at all outside the stadium and I think it carried over into the game.

Maybe it was because the fans knew Clemson was going to beat them and they saw the writing on the wall. I don't know, but the 2015 atmosphere was much better, IMO.
Old 05-26-2019, 08:44 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post

3. NC State
Is this before or after halftime?
Old 05-26-2019, 08:52 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
Surprised no one has chimed in on this one.
Given our rise the last few years and FSU and VTechs decline, we are clearly #1... Vtech is #2 and the rest are pretty mediocre IMO. Id rate BC and NCState higher just because I personally like visiting Raleigh and Boston... but really hard to distinguish 3-14. I would probably have Duke at 13-14, but the rest is kind of a wash.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:43 PM
NFL Tiger

I would put FSU and Cuse above NCSU - have not been to most of them but judging by TV Id say the rest are pretty spot on