Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2021, 06:53 PM
Founder/Publisher

Default The Insider Report

It is time for this week's edition of The Insider Report.

We hope everyone had a great weekend. It was certainly nice to have fans back tailgating at Clemson and Death Valley full of fans.

Oscar Delp Update

One of the nation’s top tight ends in the 2022 class was on hand for Clemson’s 49-3 victory over S.C. State this past Saturday.

TCI caught up with Cumming (Ga.) West Forsyth four-star Oscar Delp after his first game day experience in The Valley.

“It was awesome,” Delp said. “I had a really good time getting around all the coaches and players and getting to experience a game day at Clemson. It was a ton of fun getting to interact with all the fans and seeing everyone there and see just how passionate those Clemson fans are.”

Delp had a chance to talk with Clemson tight ends Braden Galloway and Jake Briningstool for a bit after Clemson’s 46-point victory. They didn’t talk about football all that much. According to Delp, Galloway and Briningstool talked about Clemson, how they love it, how glad they are with their respective decisions and that he has to make the best decision for himself.

What did Delp hear from Clemson’s coaching staff while he was back on campus?

“They’re just recruiting me like they’ve always been,” he said. “They kept telling me that I’m the guy that they want and that they’re ‘All In’ on me. Now, it’s just my decision.”

Clemson offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Tony Elliott was on hand for Delp’s game Friday, in which he had a touchdown reception and a couple of big catches. West Forsyth was able to knock off the No. 3 team in the state of Georgia.

“It was a good game for him to come to,” Delp added. “He said he liked what I was doing with my blocks and my receiving. He said that he thought I looked great."

Delp is hoping to make his decision after he takes his visits to the remaining three schools in his top-4: Georgia, South Carolina and Michigan. Delp told TCI that he will be in Athens for Georgia’s matchup against South Carolina on Sept. 18 and then in two weeks, he’ll be in Columbia to see the Gamecocks host Troy University.

Four-star Khurtiss Perry Update

Clemson made a move this past weekend with one of the nation’s top defensive linemen in the 2022 class, extending an offer to Pike Road (Ala.) High School four-star Khurtiss Perry.

Todd Bates conveyed the offer to Perry after traveling to see the 6-foot-3, 265-pound senior play in Pike Road’s game Friday night. TCI caught up with Perry, who told us the Tigers see him coming in as a defensive end that could slide inside on third downs. According to Perry, Bates has told him that he plays “just like a Clemson D-lineman” and Bates believes he could be a playmaker and disruptive force on Clemson’s D-line in the future.

Bates has been recruiting Perry since he was a freshman and the two have built a strong relationship. Perry told us having an offer from the Tigers “feels so good” and it meant a lot to him that Bates came to watch him play.

In July, Perry announced a top 10 of LSU, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Oregon, Tennessee, Ohio State, Michigan, Miami and UCF. He traveled to Ohio State, UCF, Alabama and Auburn over the summer and named LSU, Ohio State and Oregon as a few of the schools he wants to check out games at during the season.

Perry is also planning to visit Clemson for a game this season and just has to sit down with his family to figure out a date that works with his schedule. He has been on campus in the past, having participated in the Dabo Swinney Camp in June 2019.

Clemson’s offered resonated with Perry and we expect the Tigers to be a big factor in his recruitment moving forward.

When we asked him what stands out the most to him about Clemson, Perry simply responded, “DLU.”

Five-star Update

TCI also recently spoke with the nation’s top-ranked offensive tackle and one of the top prospects in the 2023 class regardless of position, five-star Kadyn Proctor of Southeast Polk High School in Pleasant Hill, Iowa.

Although Clemson has yet to offer Proctor, he included the Tigers in the top 12 he released last week that also included Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Iowa State, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M.

Proctor told TCI he put Clemson in his top group despite the lack of an offer because he feels it’s a school that “could really wrap up [his] recruitment with an offer.”

According to Proctor, he has been in contact with offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell, who told Proctor he is planning to try to attend one of his games in October.

Proctor isn’t looking to make his commitment decision until sometime next year after he takes official visits.

Terrance Love Feeling the Love

Clemson continues to keep tabs on a top Peach State safety. Fairburn (Ga.) Langston Hughes four-star Terrance Love has been in touch with safeties coach Mickey Conn since Sept. 1, when college football coaches were allowed to begin reaching out to juniors in the 2023 class.

“He’s just telling me to keep doing my thing, and hopefully during the season, I should pick up the offer from Clemson,” Love told TCI.

Love released a top 12 over the summer comprised of Florida, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Stanford, Oregon and Texas A&M.

Asked where Clemson would stand if it joins the mix with an offer, he said, “It’ll definitely be a top-three school when I narrow my recruitment some more, my offers. It’d definitely be a top-three school as of now.”

Love has camped at Clemson a couple of times including this past June.

Coach Speak on Two 23 Targets

TCI caught up with two head coaches of players in the Class of 2023 -- Luke Montgomery and Markee Anderson -- that have been recently offered by Clemson.

Montgomery, a four-star offensive lineman/defensive end, ranks as a top-55 national prospect in the 2023 class regardless of position.

Stefan Adams is Montgomery’s head coach at Findlay High School in Findlay (Oh.) and a self-admitted die-hard Clemson fan.

“He definitely shares probably a lot of the same qualities and beliefs that Coach (Swinney) does and the program’s all about,” Adams said. “Kind of in a funny way, my reaction was that I’m excited for him, also trying not to be biased about it all because I’m actually a huge Clemson fan. I’m gonna try my best to not be biased through this whole process with him. I’m just super excited. That was the last one he was waiting for obviously, in his top-12. He loves Coach Caldwell. He loved the campus when he came and visited. He’s just super happy that it finally came to fruition.”

Montgomery has the qualities to play on both sides of the football in the trenches, but Notre Dame is the only program that’s recruiting him to play defense.

“He definitely has the physical qualities of the position on both sides of the ball, O-line and D-line,” Adams said. “I know [Clemson] loves him at offensive line and I would understand why and agree. He’s got the height, he’s got the measurables. He’s super athletic with his feet. He looks the part.”

Surely, this was the offer that he was waiting on.

Adams believes that Montgomery is going to really open up his recruitment and check out some schools in the offseason, as well go on a couple of game day visits during the season. Adams is not putting a stamp on it necessarily, but he believes that Montgomery would like to make a decision before his senior season.

Where Montgomery and Anderson interconnect besides the offer is that both of their head coaches have a strong relationship with Clemson offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell. Although Anderson’s head coach at Dorman, Dave Gutshall, has known Caldwell a lot longer. They go back to Caldwell’s days at NC State.

Over the years, Dorman has sent plenty of offensive lineman to Clemson. Gutshall indicated that the Tigers do a great job of recruiting his guys and attributed that to Caldwell.

“I’ve known him a long time,” Gutshall said. “He’s just a good guy. I love Robbie. I know they don’t come any better than him.”

Caldwell informed Gutshall that Clemson was planning on offering Anderson, who has been on the Tigers' radar for some time now.

“Clemson always does it right. They called me to make sure I was good with it and what kind of person he was,” Gutshall told TCI. “Clemson always does it right. He’s just like what they got down there, that’s what I told Robbie. He’s just like Brandon Thomas was and Jordan McFadden is, Mason Trotter, same kind of character. Just gonna be real good for them. He fits our mold we’ve been sending down there.”

Anderson is tabbed by 247Sports as the No. 2 prospect in the state of South Carolina, No. 8 offensive tackle nationally and No. 129 overall prospect in the country for the 2023 class. Rivals ranks him as the No. 3 prospect in the Palmetto State and considers him the No. 14 offensive guard in his class.

“He’s got all the tools,” Gutshall said. “He’s impressive. He’s 6-5, 285. He runs well. He understands the game of football. Like I told Robbie, there are no negatives. He’s a great kid. He’s great in the weight room. I just cannot think of anything negative to say about him. He’s a good fit for them.”

Tour of Champions Visits Sadler

TCI caught up with this Clemson Class of 2022 commit on this season’s version of The Tour of Champions. Greenville (S.C.) High School four-star OL Collin Sadler is recruiting a close friend to join him in The Valley for next season and the answer might surprise some folks.

“Jaleel Skinner, he’s my No. 1,” Sadler told TCI. “He’s from Greer, we’ve known each other since fifth grade. He’s just one of those people that I go way back with and I’m trying to get him here."

Sadler texts Skinner every day, he just wants to let him know what’s going on at Clemson, he said.

TCI confirmed that the big-time offensive lineman Sadler will make his first game-day visit to The Valley this season against Georgia Tech on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Please do not copy or paste this information to any other media outlets. As you know TCI is Free so if you know someone that wants the information simply send them to the Rock.

Last edited by Sam Neumann; 09-13-2021 at 07:14 PM.